Are you celebrating Mardi Gras 2017 in New Orleans this year or are you like me and bringing Mardi Gras to you? It’s the perfect excuse for a girl’s night in! Decorating the house is the easiest.
Hillside Winery has an amazing Mardi Gras display already in place. They have cute green wine glasses and adding a few beads from the dollar store would be a great touch. You can even find a few mini masks at the winery that attach to a bottle of wine. There is a wide range of green vases you can pick from and a sprinkler centerpiece for the coffee table!
A Mardi Gras party isn’t complete without food and wine (of course)!
A simple dip I found was a Cajun Chicken Dip. Ingredients needed:
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 can of diced pimiento
- ¼ yellow onion
- 1 pound of diced cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, maybe 2 cups 😉
- 1 package of cream cheese (8oz)
- Tabasco sauce
- Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread chips, pita chips, or your choice of chips
- Soften the cream cheese
- Sauté the garlic, pimiento, and onions together with the butter
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, a handful of cheddar cheese, and a dash of Tabasco sauce.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper on top.
- Lower heat and mix well.
- Throw some more cheese on top and let it melt under a broiler for a minute.
- Top with parsley and serve!
Pair this with a glass of Don Rosso, which is also available at Hillside Winery as well. In addition to serving wine, you can shake up a fun cocktail as well. Doc Collier Moonshine Distillery has an amazing Greenbrier Apple moonshine that is super smooth. Throw some ice into a shaker; add two (3oz) shots of Greenbrier Apple, along with a shot of pineapple juice. Shake and pour over ice and top it with a lovely mask and enjoy!