Sunny Days at Sugarland Cellars
It’s spring here in the Great Smoky Mountains. Which means that the weather has been very unpredictable – rain showers one day beautiful warm sunny days the next. It is great to know that new spring wines are being released in Tennessee!
Just weeks ago, Sugarland Cellars, located in the heart of Gatlinburg, TN, released a brand new batch of their seasonal wine right in time for the bright sunny days! That’s right Sunny Days 2018 has been released at the winery! A sweet white wine made from two local Tennessee grape varieties, Vidal and Chardonelle. The two grapes blend together bringing a fruity pear taste with a soft oaken finish. The aromas of pear with notes of rosemary really soothes your entire mood. Sunny Days is a pleasantly sweet wine you can enjoy with any light Italian style meal or just sip with a sunset, here in the Smokies.
Need A Recipe?
Sunny Days is not only a delicious spring wine to enjoy sipping on but also cooking with. Try Chicken Scampi with Angel Hair Pasta! This light wine sauce pasta recipe will complement Sunny Days in a well-balanced manner.
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon (a pinch) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Sunny Days
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus more lemon wedges for serving (about 1 tablespoon of zest and 3 tablespoons of juice)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta as directed on the box!
- Cook the chicken.
Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pat the chicken dry and season both sides with salt and fresh black pepper. As the butter is melted and oil is heated add the chicken to the skillet and cook until golden brown (cooked through). Once the chicken is cooked remove it from the skillet and let it cool down and then cut into thin slices.
- Time to make the sauce: Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to the skillet (leaving the fat in the pan from the chicken). Add wine and lemon juice and let it simmer until reduced by about half.
- Add in the cooked pasta with a bit of lemon zest, parsley, and ½ cup of reserved pasta water to the skillet and toss to combine.
- Combine the chicken with the pasta and serve with a glass of Sunny Days!
(Credit this recipe to Simply Recipes)
Sugarland Cellars partners with local artist Robert A. Tino and Friends of the Smokies.
Each season Sugarland Cellars releases a limited run of their wine with custom artwork from local artist Robert A. Tino. For every bottle sold, Sugarland Cellars donates $5 to Friends of the Smokies, a non-profit organization. There are only 1000 bottles of each seasonal wine available, making it a highly collectible wine.
Robert A. Tino volunteers his time to create an image that replicates or resembles The Great Smoky Mountains. This year’s Sunny Days wine has a beautiful image of a black bear celebrating the Springtime event – the end of hibernation. When taking a stroll in the park or even in town be sure to keep your eyes open! You never know when you will run into one!
Sunny Days is available at the main winery (located at 1133 Parkway in Gatlinburg) or online!